Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Instead of listing the things I’m thankful for, I’m going with a few of my FAVORITE things (not to say I’m not thankful for them, because … why yes, I am. Wish it was witty and wise. Anyhow, here is a partial list in totally random order of importance:
1) Diet A&W root beer – great vanilla flavor without tasting diet-ish
2) Diet Pepsi – because restaurants don’t have diet A&W!
3) Our new puppy – Duke – see http://mjmonaghan.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/hes-so-peaceful-when-hes-sleeping/
5) Great high school classmates: Class of “77″ reunion 2012
6) A talented community of bloggers that I’m thankful to be a part of : We Blog ..A Blogging Community. I’ve learned a lot from them, and met some great people.
7) Cotton – what a great fabric material! Every time I slip on that white t-shirt or pair of boxer briefs, it makes me smile.
8) A little something I like to call the “world wide web” – thank you, Al Gore! (homage to Dan Bain, My trip to Mylanta, part 1 — don’ts for dads on the exclamation mark!
9) Spending time with my lovely bride – this is my number one favorite thing.
10) Generosity – in others and my family. It’s great to see people help other people because they want to; not because they have to.
11) Children and grandchildren – so neat to see kids discover what they love, and then do it. And then to see them watch the same thing happen with their children.
12) Toyota – we have a Prius and a Corolla and really like them both.
13) Other thankful thankers: http://lisawieldswords.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/occupy-thanksgiving-a-little-grateful-wordplay/ and http://torinelson.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/thankful-blogger-am-thankful/
14) Art, architecture, and photography – love great art and trying to take good photos. Someday combining the two.
15) Popcorn at the movie theater that uses real butter. Ummmm, ummmm, good!
16) Just having an “attitude of gratitude.” Most of the time, I think I’m glass-half-full, but sometimes it’s only about 1/8 full, unfortunately.
Well, that’s a few that immediately come to mind. Hope all of you have a very happy thanksgiving and get to enjoy some of your favorite things over the holidays!