One of the greatest things about blogging is the sense of community. And you are a giving group. In accepting the awards below from so many of my blogging heroes, I want to also give back.
Without further ado:
The Liebster Blog Award
“‘Liebster’ means ‘favorite’ or ‘dearest’ in German. This award, which originated in Germany, recognizes up and coming bloggers! In accepting this award, I agree to:
Thank the person that gave me the award and link back to their blog
Copy and paste the award to my blog
Reveal the 5 blogs I have chosen to award and let them know by commenting on their blog
Pay it forward by awarding it to bloggers I would like to honor”
Here are the five blogs that I have chosen to receive this award, please check out their great blogs:
This award is for those bloggers whose words light the way through the blogosphere. It originated at Believe Anyway, for blogs “that bring light to the world [and offer] inspiration, hope, optimism, good advice, faith filled assurances, and even humor.”
There are no rules for this award. It’s just a way of pointing out inspirational blogs.
I would like to pass the Candle Lighter Award on to the following blogs:
2. i know i made you smile
3. These Are Days
4. Fork and Beans
5. For You, Daddy!
8. The Heartbreak of Invention
9. candy coated musings…
11. Day by Day the Farm Girl Way…
The Versatile Blogger Award
Many of my favorite bloggers nominated my blog for this award:
critters and crayons Patricia
Mother, Beader and Coffee Lover Jen
Cause Mom Says So Jess
Please show some blog love to the following nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Life, Love, & Baby
- I’d Rather Be In Iceland
- Sunny Side Up
- ARTICLES OF ABSURDITY
- Me 2.0
- The Wordslinger
- musings of a twenty-something
- My Haphazard Proclivities
- Violets and Cardamom
- THE BACKGROUND STORY
- August McLaughlin’s Blog
- Sweet Sophia
To cover all my bases, I’m going to give ten things about myself that you may not know:
1. Bacon – it’s what’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Very versatile.
2. I’m the second oldest of seven.
3. Always sleep with my socks on – winter or summer – and that’s all I’m sayin’!
4. Favorite city is San Diego, and the north San Diego coast is my favorite area.
5. I get along well with numbers.
6. Have a tremendous love for England – the people and the countryside. We lived there for four years.
7. Hate being scared. Have hit people who surprised me by scaring me, not knowing my fear.
8. Got married in upstate New York.
9. Won a national championship (in my division) in 3-on-3 basketball in my mid 30′s.
10. MLB says I have trouble saying “I’m sorry.” She could be right.
You all shouldn’t have, but it gave me a great opportunity to recognize other amazing bloggers.