Okay, some of us may be taking the whole social media thing too far. We have our blog(s), Twitter, StumbleUpon, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, and of course email accounts; and these are just the ones that readily come to mind!
With all the time and focus spent “connecting” with others on our desktops, laptops, iPhones, Androids, iPads, Kindles, etc. we have to force ourselves to make time for life – hehehe! Much like Jeff Foxworthy‘s “You might be a redneck if …” I present my take on:
You might be obsessed with social media if …
10. You start a joke with, “So this blogger walks into a bar …”
9. On vacation in the Virgin Islands (wishful thinking on my part), you say to your family, “You guys run along to the beach, I just have to get this post published really quick.”
8. You try to limit your side of a conversation to 140 words or less like you do on Twitter.
7. Whenever you meet someone new, you introduce yourself as “@mjmonaghan_”
*insert your own name there*
6. While out shopping, you spot a great gadget or design and promptly state, “I need to take a picture of that and pin it to my Pinterest pinboard.”
5. When your definition of “+1″ is not bringing someone with you to an event or party, but rather adding someone to your Google+ account.
4. You’re frequently heard saying, “Did I tell you about the post I read on …”
*fill in just about ANY subject*
3. Someone in your family screams for the tenth time, “It’s time for you to come out of the virtual world, and back into real life. We have things that have to get done!”
2. In the middle of an important “talk” with your significant other, you throw out the dreaded, “Can we talk AFTER I finish commenting on a few blogs?”
and the #1 reason you might be obsessed with social media:
1. As you’re about to leave the house, you holler, “Okay Tweeps, let’s go, we’re gonna be late!”