“I blog, therefore I am.”
René Descartes (okay, he actually said, “I think, therefore, I am.”)
If you’re like me – and let’s hope that you aren’t, for your sake – you love to blog. Family and friends, who don’t blog, don’t really get why you put fingers-to-keyboard a few times a week and throw
a literary masterpiece rubbish into cyberspace for mass consumption (in my case, all 28 followers).
So often, I get the question, “MJ, why do you blog?” Well, after a blogging career that spans more than 120 whole days, I believe that I have conclusively determined the reasons why I blog. And for those of you who continue to get that question, feel free to use any of these reasons:
1. Blogging can take one away from so many other responsibilities.
– Need to change a diaper – blog instead.
– Laundry piling up … uh-oh, better get that post online straight away!
– Jerry Springer’s on – definitely better blog!
– Uni studies calling your name – but you haven’t commented on your favorite blogs recently? Better take a little break from studying.
– Things a little intense at work? Maybe a quick post to take your mind off of things.
– Haven’t showered in two days? Look at it this way: Howard Hughes went weeks at a time – what’s a few days?? hehe
2. Blogging is educational.
– I continue to learn more about the art of the double entendre from Leanne Shirtliffe at ironicmom.
– Need a cure for cabin fever in the middle of winter? Here you go – from Darla “D-Woww” over at She’s a Maineiac.
– How to make perfect girl scout cookies – AT HOME? Yep, on a blog – Cara at forkandbeans.
– Want to plan the perfect wedding? Tori at the ramblings, will give you an edumacation “bloggy wedding”-style!
– Do you know how to choke on your meal? Andra does – The Accidental Cootchie Mama.
– How to keep a secret: The Wordslinger – Don’t know how Jim did it, but he did.
– I always wanted to know how to make a rain stick at home, now I do, thanks to Tricia at critters and crayons.
I could go on and on, and as you know, I usually do. So much to learn and so little time!
3.14159265 Blogging is as easy as “pi”, and almost as fun.
– Okay, this might be a huge stretch to use “pi” in place of the word “pie”, but since I love a pun, I couldn’t resist.
– It’s great to connect with other bloggers, enjoy the humor, the pain, the ups, the downs, the all-arounds, the sorrow, the pictures, the politics and religion (not at all!), the antics and their shenanigans. (Notice how I’m just making up a bunch of words and placing commas between them?)
– People give you awards all the time, and you can give them back to them, too. I’ve decided to make up a few new ones that you can gladly pass on to others. Be sure to make up your own criteria to fit the award:
CRAP Award – Content Really Astounds People – self-explanatory
RABID Award – Read A Blog In Darkness – given to those who are still reading on their iPad or laptop after lights out
Fo Sho Award – For Show – awarded to those who blog for recognition
PFFT! Award – Puns Followers Find Terrible – I’m thinking I would win this one, hands down!
Well, there you have the top 3.14159265 reasons to blog.
NOTE: Don’t forget National Pi Day is 3/14 (3.14). That’s so nerdy and creative!