Well, the “bucket list” is everywhere, and it’s a cool idea – those things you want to do before you kick the bucket.
I wanted to try something a bit different, and decided to make a list of those things that I’ve never done, and may not ever want to do.
1. I was never “arrested” at the US-into-Canada border in the 80’s. Okay, my brother and I were “detained” until they realized we weren’t drug-dealing pimps. We did look kind of crazy, now that I look back on it.
Is it possible that ironicmom had something to do with our being detained, eh?
2. Climbed Mt. Everest – two great reasons for not doing this:
1) Too cold, and
2) The air gets a little thin up there; oh, yeah, I don’t like heights.
3. I have never been “convicted” of a felony. See the movie Stripes with Bill Murray. When asked by the recruiter if he’s ever been convicted of a felony, he answers: “Convicted? Um, no!”
4. Gone streaking – uh, hello, no way! As in running without any clothes on, usually at a big sporting event? Never found this to be a big thing on my “to do” list. EVER!
5. Have never been on the Jerry Springer show. This may come as a surprise to some of you. Maybe it’s because I haven’t slept with my cousin, or didn’t have a first girlfriend who was actually a man! Ew, and double-ew!
6. I haven’t ever won a big lottery jackpot. I was Freshly Pressed on WordPress.com, and that felt like the lottery, but that doesn’t really count, does it?
7. Never have run for any elected office. Nope, not even in high school. Interesting. Hadn’t really thought about this till just now. Hmm, MJ Monaghan for Congress, MJ Monaghan for Senate … I think not!
8. Haven’t ever had the need for rehab, so I said “… no, no, no.” Never gone to rehab. As much as I’d like to have the abs of “The Situation” I don’t think I’d like that crazy messed-up life.
9. Famous “never”: Unlike most school children, I never laughed so hard that milk came through my nose. Strange, but oh so true.
10. Unlike the singer, Charlene, I’ve never been to Nice or the Isle of Greece, but I have been to “me.” Now that, my friends is existential! hehe
11. Unlike President Clinton, I have never smoked, eaten, or inhaled you-know-what. Haven’t ever had the desire to. Seems like I was having quite enough fun without any additional assistance!
12. I’m coming clean: I never have seen any of the Chucky, Friday the 13th, or Saw movies. I am terrified by horror movies!
Just looking at the images below, creeps me out!
13. Would you count Barry Manilow as a rock star? If not, then I’ve never been to a big-time rock concert. I may end up going to one someday, possibly, but it’s not on my must-do list.
That’s thirteen things I’ve never done.
What are some things you’ve never done, and never care to do??