Ladies and Gentlemen, I present a re-post of my very first post.
Way before blogging made me
rich and famous daft and crazy!
Hopefully, more than one person will comment this time around. hehe
Have you ever tried to pick just seven music artists that you love? It’s a difficult task.
Why seven, you ask? Ten is too many, and five is too few.
Where does one begin?
“Let’s start at the very beginning
A very good place to start.”
Woops, that’s “Do-Re-Mi” from the Sound of Music.
I’m sure I’ve left out some great artists that may leave you thinking “what, are you crazy?” But I’m only picking seven.
Here’s my attempt at seven, in no particular order:
1. Frank Sinatra – “Ol’ Blue Eyes.” Can music be smoother or richer?
* Great for mood, romance, and background music.
* “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” is one of my personal favorites.
* You can’t go through a New Year’s Eve without hearing a joyful rendition of Sinatra’s “New York, New York.”
2. Madonna – Controversial and wildly successful
* She is one of the top-selling artists of all time (just behind the Beatles).
* Exploded on to the music scene in the early 80’s
* Also set fashion on fire with her quirky style.
3. The Beatles – The “Fab Four”
* Known as one of the most influential groups in music and pop culture history.
* They are listed as the number one musical act of all time, by many, including Rolling Stone Magazine and Billboard.
* Too many favorite songs to even pick one – okay, “Let It Be.”
4. Michael Jackson – The King of Pop
* What more can you say?
* The “Thriller” album (1982) is still the best-selling album of all time.
* His music and lyrics crossed over several genres and generations.
5. Carrie Underwood – from American Idol winner, to country music and pop super-stardom
* Winner of five Grammys. Has won 116 different music awards.
* I’m a fan of her hit “Before He Cheats.”
* She’s not in the legend category just yet, but she will be before she’s done.
6. Eminem – aka Marshall Mathers
* The white rapper from Detroit with the hard-edged lyrics, and punchy beats, has transformed the hip hop music landscape.
* You can’t argue with ten number one albums on the Billboard Top 200 and an Oscar for Best Original Song (Lose Yourself).
* Check out “Till I Collapse” for inspiration on perseverance.
7. Bruce Springsteen – “The Boss”
* Okay, I had to have the “Boss” on the list – he’s my wife’s favorite. So I lose a spot and save a marriage.
* Still, he has won 20 Grammy Awards, 2 Golden Globes, and an Academy Award (“Streets of Philadelphia”).
* “Born to Run” is #21 on Rolling Stone Magazine’s Top 500 Songs of All Time.
Sorry, Justin Bieber fans – he didn’t make my cut.
After reading my list, who would be in your top seven?