“But life is just a party
And parties weren’t meant to last.”
Yep, I’ve been late to a party … or two, or …
How about you?
Here’s the “party,” did you …
a) come on time,
b) get there late,
c) not come to the party at all?
1) American Idol – did you pick it up during the first season, or join the bandwagon a few seasons later? Or did you avoid that one like the plague?
2) Cell phones – Okay, I’m coming clean here. I didn’t get one until around 2002. Way late for that one. Now it’s joined to me like an umbilical cord.
3) Lady GaGa – I’ll be honest – I went to this at the very beginning and then that party got a little too crazy for me. But I know a lot of people – young and old – who hopped on the bandwagon after the “meat dress.” (Google that if you haven’t heard about it.)
4) The TV show LOST – well, let’s just say I ended up watching the first several seasons with MLB, right before the last season was about to air. Loved that show, but boy was I late coming to that party.
5) Blogging – I really wanted to do this years ago, and really should have. Didn’t make it to the party until August 2011. This is one of the best parties I’ve been to. 😉
6) Facebook – I’m embarrassed to say, a friend dragged me kicking and screaming to that party, while we were at a New Year’s Eve party. She made me sign up right there, that night.
7) The Hunger Games – did you read the books, or see the movie? I’ll admit, I saw the movie, and wished I had read the books.
[Should I even bring up the song “Red Solo Cup?”] *he snickers out loud*
Boy, it looks like I’m a little late to almost every party.
What’s your track record on different fads, styles, or trends in popular culture?
Are you usually late to the party, like me?
What immediately comes to mind when you think about this?