“People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.”
ABC has been
pimping promoting the heck out of it’s latest reality show over the past few weeks, for this “Big Brother”-ish program that premieres tonight (June 18th).
Here is the premise of this provocative, soon to be Emmy-winning, voyeuristic, social-media-influenced, stellar television programming (aka, rubbish) taken straight off the ABC website – The Glass House:
The Glass House features fourteen contestants living and competing for a quarter million dollars in a totally wired, state-of-the-art house.
Through online and their social networks, viewers will be encouraged to support and follow the contestants they like and those they don’t.
Several times a week, viewers can watch a live online feed of the players and vote to decide everything from what they wear and eat, to the games they play, even where they sleep.
So, after reading about it, I thought I’d give you the opportunity *misfortune* of stepping into my mind and see …
The seven things I’d like to ask the contestants on (or is it “in”?) The Glass House:
1. What possessed you to “compete” on this show?
– Possible fortune?
– Ah yes, being laughed at by millions of people?
2. Are your parents really proud of you, and the tremendous accomplishment you must feel by taking your ___________ (fill in the blank with GED, HS diploma, college degree, etc.) to the next level?
3. After the show is over will you do any of the following?:
– Be on ANY show that starts with “The Real House …”?
– Be a contestant on The Bachelor or Bachelorette?
– Enter Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew?
– Become an honorary member of the Kardashians?
– Audition for The Glee Project?
4. Will you eat any live insects or rodents?
5. What are your favorite games?
– I’m assuming Monopoly, Risk, and Parcheesi are not some of the favorites you will be playing up in the hizzy (sorry, I meant the “House,” I just got a little ‘street’ for a second).
6. What thoughts have crossed your mind about the possible “sleeping arrangements?”
– You do understand that the audience will require odd permutations to this special twist in the rules, right??
7. Final question, Glass House competitor sir, or madam:
Have you ever read any of the literary masterpieces from MJ Monaghan on his blog?
– If so, you definitely are a worthy contender for The Glass House, and a strong candidate for electroshock treatment.
– If not, the producers feel you might be too stable for the show.
Well, I hate to write and run, but I must set up the DVR to record …
Ha, just kidding!
What do you think about this show?
Will you be watching this Big Brother knock-off?