The game helps develop memory and learning skills. Apparently, I didn’t play it enough since I have the memory of someone who is on the other side of sunny-side up.
The Rules of the Game
1. Players choose a category. For example, animals, in alphabetical order.
2. Each person, in turn, says “I’m going on safari and I’m taking a …”
3. First person says “I’m going on safari and I’m taking an aardvark.”
4. Each person after that has to say all of the things that the people before them stated, in the correct order.
5. If something is forgotten, or the order is incorrect, then that person is out until the next game.
Well, I’m weaving this favorite game into a bit of blogging fun.
Like many of you, I’m way behind on recognizing so many great bloggers who have nominated my alter-ego, mjmonaghan, for awards.
“I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.”
William Shakespeare (click to tweet)
So, as my way of saying thanks, I thought I’d share:
* 12 interesting bloggers you may not know, and then give you
* My Top 7 ½ Things I’d Take on Safari …
I’m Going on Safari, and I’m taking these bloggers!
6. GoJulesGo – Sidling with Chipmunks in the wild requires certain skills only Jules could bring to the table. Well, that and fake mustaches.
7. Melissa Not Dusting – Well, we must have great photographs, and Melissa’s got the touch with wildlife.
11. Being Arindam – Once moonlight falls on our Blog Safari, we turn to Arindam to cut straight to matters of the heart. Asking each of us “truth” questions that make us think.
12. Ellie Ann Soderstrom – I’ve just recently connected with Ellie, but quickly realized that if there’s going to be fun and quirkiness, she’s coming on a safari with my group. Be careful she doesn’t turn you into a monkey!
7 ½ Things I would definitely take on safari with me:
1. iPhone – purely for taking pictures. You thought I was going to check my blog?? Really? We’re on a safari, people. [Okay, I probably would check my blog].
2. MLB – would have to have My Lovely Bride there. Wouldn’t be the same without her. Besides, who else would listen to me, other than those who love me!
3. Television – oh, I can’t take that with me? Honey, set up the DVR.
4. Books – something Hemingway-ish with good safari-type stuff in it.
5. A Shower – would have to get a shower at the end of the day. Can’t be smelling like three, 100-day-used, Egyptian cotton sheets to the wind.
6. Snake Repellent – I hate snakes!
7. Mosquito Netting – those little biters love me. Don’t know if it’s my type O+ blood, or because I’m so sweet. hehe
7 ½. Xanax – no explanation required.