I’ve been away from the blog world for so long, I almost forgot how to put up a new post. My number of views per day has dropped faster than …
“What is ‘from 10 hits per day to 1 hit per day, Alex?’”
If I’ve said it once, I’ve stated it a million times – I am NOT prone to exaggeration.
When I tell a story, have I stretched the “facts?” Nah.
Are the numbers spot-on accurate? Of course – at least 99.2% of the time.
Well, since I feel that so much time has elapsed, and because I’m SO very factual, the only way I can describe it is to put it in perspective by using metaphor:
The last time I posted to my blog …
10. there were no political ads on television.
9. we were looking forward to the final episode of Seinfeld.
8. MLB and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary with TIN (10th anniversary) and we’ve been married 25+ years.
7. the New England Patriots were a bad NFL football team (1990 to be exact).
6. I was actually employed. Wow, has it been that long??
5. “facebook” was what we called a photo album.
4. 50 shades of grey could be found in the Home Depot paint department.
3. hunger games was what you did to your kids if they didn’t eat their vegetables.
2. the first “Star Wars“ movie was in the theaters.
1. Howie Mandel had hair.
I may be exaggerating just a wee bit about how long it’s been since I’ve posted on my blog. It sure feels as long as I described in the list of ten above.
It seems as though time has passed even faster with my favorite blogs. Some of you have posted *GASP* an astonishing 34 TIMES (thank you, prolific Andra Watkins at The Accidental Cootchie Mama for really making me feel like I’ve been away for about three months!!).
Looking forward to catching up on all of my favorites when the dust settles from this time of transition in the Monaghan household – and to hearing from all of you. I’ve really missed the interaction.
How have you coped with absences from your blog, and/or writing?