Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
After watching Carrie Underwood sing it in the first live musical production on network television since 1957, I thought it was time for my version of “A few of my favorite things.”
One through Ten
1. Having a full tank of gas.
3. Going out to a movie on Friday night with MLB.
4. Lunch after a hard morning of work.
5. Having some cash in my pocket.
6. Sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
7. Watching an episode of a favorite show on DVR.
8. Keeping up with old friends.
9. Actually recognizing that my wife got a haircut.
10. College football games (Nebraska – Go Big Red!, and Alabama – Roll Tide!).
Eleven through Twenty
11. Researching trivia on Google. I could do it all day!
12. Great spelling.
13. Parking the car in the garage.
14. Finishing a home improvement project.
15. Putting on a just-ironed shirt.
16. Duke greeting me when I come home from work.
17. Getting packages from Amazon (yeah free two-day shipping from Amazon Prime!).
18. Anything with bacon.
19. Sappy Christmas movies.
20. Getting comments on blog posts.
Twenty-One through Twenty-Six
21. A great find at a thrift store or auction.
22. Text messaging.
23. The Green Bay Packers.
24. Art, art museums, anything about art. Oh, and art.
25. Online shopping.
26. Pumpkin pie – this would be toward the top, truth be told.
Twenty-Seven through Thirty-Five
27. Going to a movie when it first comes out.
28. Urban slang. Fo’ sho’!
29. Clean sheets.
30. Old books.
31. DISH satellite television.
32. Plaid, of course (see pic above with thrift store).
33. Warm Krispy Kreme donuts.
35. Interesting words.